Friday, November 6, 2015

Date 157 - A Night of Boos!

Date: Saturday, October 31, 2015 - Halloweeeeen!
Type: At Home, Group
Cost: $$$
Planned By: Dani

I loooooove Halloween. It is definitely one of my favorite holidays. This year I was determined to throw a party. Adam nicely said we could host one and then I was off making lists and plans for about 4 months. I made one rule and it was that costumes were mandatory. I was amazed that everyone got in to it and came in really creative costumes. 

First off - Adam and I dressed as Lilo & Stitch! Here's the rundown of how I made the costumes..
Stitch - The main costume is a blue forever lazy. I cut out the eyes, nose and ears with felt and used hot glue to attach them. I used a wire hanger to make the ears more stable. Lastly, I added in a green lei to connect us better.
Lilo - I found a cheap red dress on amazon, cut out the flowers on felt and hot glued them on to the dress. I accessorized with a green lei, green lei-type headband and sandals. Side note - I attempted to use sticker paper instead of felt and glue so I could use the dress again but they didn't stick very well so I resorted to felt and glue.
On to the party! We had glow in the black light jello shots (just use tonic water in place of the hot water). Michelle made beautiful and delicious spiderweb cupcakes. We also had pizza, harvest trail mix, a variety of chips and dips, veggies, pasta salad, wine in a cool pumpkin wine cooler (just carve it out and add ice), orange punch (vodka, orange hawaiian punch and sprite), mummy dogs, and a lot more that we ate for the next 5 days. 
I made a photo booth out of four Dollar Tree table cloths. I wish it had been a little bigger, but it was a decent size for 2 people. I made little signs for people to hold up and found every old piece of costume for people to put on if they so desired.  I didn't take enough pictures so I stole some from people - I'm sure they don't care too much. 
We played a few games. Including, everyone playing guess the villain. I made stickers with pictures and names of movie villains. Each guest got one stuck to their back and had to figure out who their villain was. It was also a drinking game and got everyone mingling and drinking! The rest of the time everyone just had fun doing whatever they wanted. 

One of the major events of the night was the super competitive costume contest! There were four categories and each party-goer got to write in their vote. Winners got a cute trophy made by me (dollar tree skeletons, wood base, hot glue and gold spray paint) and some little prizes. Here are the winners:
Scariest Costume: Cooper as the Clown Mime
Best Couple: Michelle & Jim as The Doctor and the Tardis
Funniest: Bryan as Quailman
Best Overall: Jim as The Doctor
I had so much fun and I'm so happy so many of our friends and family could make it! I hope to make this an annual event so check back next year!

Special thanks to those who came - Dani & Thackery Binx from Hocus Pocus, The Doctor & the Tardis, Jack & Coke, Quailman and Patty Mayonnaise, The Candy Burgler, The Scuba Diver, The Mimes, Clark Kent & Superman, The Monkey, The Unicorn, Budweiser Beercules Man and of course Stitch for letting me throw the party. I'm so sad we didn't get a full group photo, but the memories will be cherished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment