Type: Big Change
Cost: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ x many more
Planned By: Both
ADAM AND I ARE HOMEOWNERS!!two years ago. Back then I was kind of serious about it, but Adam was just humoring me. He really didn't want to buy a house at that point. So then we moved downtown in April 2012. In October/November of 2012 we started looking again. This time we raised our budget and looked at a nice condo and a short sale fixer upper. In the long run neither of those worked out because we didn't know what would happen with my job's grant the following September. After I got a new job offer at the end of summer, and we learned we'd both be working in the suburbs, Adam decided it was probably time to buy a house. All three times we worked with the same realtor, Susan Smith, and she was amazing! I would recommend her to every person in the Cleveland area looking to buy a house. (really let me know if you want her information)
This time was very stressful. We wanted to pick a house and be in it before Thanksgiving. We saw between 10-15 houses in person in the area we wanted to move to. We put in an offer on 3 different houses. None of our offers were accepted, despite them being near what each house was worth and it being a slow time for buyers. Then one day our realtor called and said we needed to see another house that just went on the market. We met her there 30 minutes later, quickly looked through the whole house, and realized that this was the best one that we had seen in our price range! It has 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 2 car garage, a huge finished basement and a deck (all our must haves). We put in an offer that night.
The following Saturday we were at OU with all of our friends celebrating homecoming 2013! We got a call from Susan that the seller gave a great counter offer and we ACCEPTED! So we celebrated in one of our favorite places with some of our favorite people that we were finally going to buy a house!
Then we had the inspection which didn't go perfectly, but after many negotiations the seller paid for most of the fixes. We were set to close on November 19th, but there were hold ups with the seller and title company so we signed the papers on the 20th.