Friday, September 28, 2012

Date 57 - I'm Glad I Picked You!

Date: Sunday, September 23, 2012
Type: Seasonal, Double Date
Cost: $
Planned By: Dani

Its fall! You know what that means? A whole lot of fall type dates starting with this one. I got this idea from my sister, Michelle. After she mentioned plans to go apple picking I wanted to do that too.

I looked up some apple orchards near us and found one in Medina. Our friends Tasha and Bobby live in Medina so I asked if they wanted to join us. Of course they said yes, and we met decided to meet there.
Once we got there the lady who owned the orchard had some information and instructions to share with us. She said there weren't very many apples this season because of freezing temperatures in May. Her orchard was lucky and still had some apples. It was $1.30 per pound and each couple got a bucket to share. The orchard was pretty big, and it was quite difficult to find good apples. Adam and I had a much easier time than Tash and Bobby, but we were less picky. They ended up with about 3 pounds of apples and Adam and I had 7!

After apple picking they came to our apartment to hang out for a little while. I decided to make an apple treat for everyone. Tash and I made cinnamon apple roll ups. They were super easy to make. You need two apples, 1 can of crescent rolls, water, butter, sugar and cinnamon. I had all of the ingredients already. It took about 10 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to bake. While baking they made our apartment smell delicious. They tasted as good as they smelled, just like mini apple pies. I will definitely make them again someday!
Overall, it was a fun first fall date of 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment