Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Date 13 - Hearty Home-Cooking!

Day: Monday, 11/14/11
Type: Surprise/Romantic
Cost: $$
Planned By: Dani

I planned a surprise 3 course dinner for Adam for our wedding 6 monthaversary! I haven't been very "wifey" when it comes to the kitchen in the past 6th months since Adam cooks every night so I though this would be a good opportunity to show Adam that I can be a good wife. I had Monday off for Veteran's day so I spent the majority of the day planning this date.

I went to the grocery store to pick up all the ingredients, and the rest of the groceries for the week. When I got home I started getting the meal ready.

I made two things for the appetizer. One recipe I found on Pinterest and I thought it would be perfect. The other I just found in a box. Anyway, I made Pepperoni Roll Ups and the Any-Tizer Honey BBQ Chicken Bites. The roll ups could have used a few more pieces of pepperoni, but they were good!

For the main course I made roast beef, green beans and mashed potatoes. I picked this meal because its close to what we had at the wedding. I've never made a real roast beef and I would have to say it turned out pretty good! I found a low temperature recipe, and had a hard time figuring out how long it needed to be in there, but it turned out fine.

I was most proud of the dessert. I did not make it from a box!! I chose to make Reese's Fudge Pie! Adam loves peanut butter, and I can only stand peanut butter when its matched with chocolate so this recipe seemed perfect. It was a little difficult to make, but it turned out great.

We toasted to a bottle of Barefoot Pinot Grigio Champagne.

Adam was surprised to find a nice dinner planned for him when he got home from work. It was nice eating my well-prepared meal together. Having a nice home cooked meal is always a great idea for a date night.
the fudge layer

the graham cracker crust


ingredients for the peanut butter mousse topping
the top


the pretty centerpieces I made from an idea on pinterest!
champagne!
the whole dinner! :)
my beautiful pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment