Thursday, December 22, 2011

Date 18 - A Toast to the New Year!

Day: Saturday, 12/17/11
Type: Typical
Cost: $$
Planned By: Adam


We decided not to do a Christmas Themed date night last week.. instead we did a "new" themed date. It was a typical date, lunch and a movie.

We tried something new for lunch; Red Robin. We'd never been there before and they're commercials are so catchy... you know "Reeeed Robin.. Yum!" It didn't seem much different than somewhere like Applebees, but it was a nice little restaurant. They are known for their burgers so we both got a burger. I got the Sauteed Shroom Burger wrapped in lettuce (instead of a bun) with fries. It was very difficult to eat this without the bun. It came in a basket instead of a plate so I couldn't cut it very well and it was too slippery to hold. It was OK though I finished it, I was just glad it wasn't a first date because that would have been embarrassing. Adam got the Red Robin Bacon Cheeseburger with fries. He never tries anything new, but he did ask for more fries since they were bottomless.. it was very exciting!!
We had some time before the movie so we went shopping for some New Year's Eve supplies. We went to Party City and got decorations, accessories and tableware. We're going to have a great black and white party. :)
Movie Time!! We went to see.. New Year's Eve! We enjoyed Valentine's Day a couple years ago and thought we would like this one too. We got there about 10 minutes early.. good thing, too. Adam had to use the rest room and I had to sneak over to the concession stand and buy a medium popcorn and pop! I love popcorn. :) I really dislike previews, and this time was no different. There was a preview for "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" which I hadn't seen or heard about, and it but me in a very depressed mood for the rest of the previews. Luckily, the movie started out with a bang, and I remembered why I was at the theater. It was a pretty good movie, I won't give anything away though. It was comical and sad, but I really enjoyed it as a whole. Adam and I agreed it was one of those movies you watch once and don't really feel the need to watch again, but still it was worth watching.
After the movie we bought a few more things for the party and went home. It was nice to just have lunch and a movie for our date this week. We hadn't done that in awhile and it was a lot of fun.

Ratings:
Red Robin: 7/10 - good food, unlimited fries, nice atmosphere, not really unique
Shopping: 7/10 - normal, a little pricey.
New Year's Eve: 8/10 - Great actors, good plot, don't need to see again.

No comments:

Post a Comment