Monday, May 12, 2014

Date 121 - You're A Work Of Art!

Date: Friday, May 9, 2014
Type: Out On the Town
Cost: $
Planned By: Dani

For this date, Adam and I had to put our artistic skills to use. I regularly check groupon for fun activities to do in our area and I have been wanting to go to a painting class. When I saw one available near us I had to get it.

We went to a BYOB art night at the O Gallery in Beachwood. We got a little lost finding the place, but once we did we were really excited to start painting.
Most of the art classes that I have seen online normally have everyone painting the same picture. In our class we all got to look through a bunch of paintings and pick what we wanted to paint. Adam and I decided to attempt the same painting by Georgia O'Keeffe named Pink Tulip from 1926.
We also shared a bottle of Riesling while we painted. We had a lot of fun painting together, and we both did a great job. We also had a great time laughing about how our paintings were turning out especially after a glass or two of wine.
The Groupon made this date very affordable, but I would definitely do it again because it was a lot of fun and totally different than most of our dates.. except that one time we painted at home a long time ago! Anyway I would recommend an art date to all couples. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment