Friday, January 11, 2013

Date 71 - Put On a Brave Face.

Date: Friday, January 4, 2013 
Type: At-Home, Easy
Cost: $
Planned By: Dani

Adam and I make a point to see most Disney and Pixar films. The newest movie to come out was Brave and we hadn't seen it yet. Our four year old niece really loves the movie so we figured we should watch it.

We rented it from Red Box for a dollar. The movie was really cute. I hadn't seen many previews so I didn't really know what to expect. It has a great story, and I was quite happy with our choice to watch it. It was also quite funny and definitely not just for children. My favorite characters were Merida's little brothers.. they were hilarious and adorable!
So to go along with the title I decided we had to do something brave together. I came up with a bunch of ideas like making a strange pizza, mixing food together in the blender, dying our hair. Yep. These were all really bad ideas. Then I came up with different types of popcorn. We have so much popcorn since we always buy a huge box at Sam's Club. Here are the different types we had and the different dips we decided to use:

Dips:BBQ Sauce
Honey
Peanut Butter
Chocolate Sauce
Strawberry Sauce

"Seasonings":
Garlic & Parmesan Cheese
Taco Seasoning
Mac n' Cheese Powder
Cinnamon, Sugar and Powdered Sugar
Chocolate Sauce, Marsh mellows and Chocolate Chips
I admit we weren't that brave. They were all actually pretty good. Not something I would eat regularly, but definitely OK and edible. The worst one was the taco seasoning.. actually that one was gross. Every time I ate a piece I coughed. The worst dip was BBQ sauce, but a close second was the Strawberry Sauce. Because we really love popcorn and we are so brave we still ended up finishing it all.
This was a really fun date. Doing something silly in the comfort of your own home with the one you love is always entertaining! Try it, I dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment