Friday, January 4, 2013

Date 68 - Cookie, Cookie, Cookie!!

Date: Sunday, December 16, 2012 (and many more days)
Type: At Home, Productive
Cost: $$$
Planned By: Dani

Adam and I decided to give out cookies to some people for Christmas this year. We aren't very talented bakers, but we figured we could try. So I found a bunch of different cookie recipes and I decided on nine different types to make. We had to make at least two dozen of each cookie, but some had more. 
Cookie #1: Chocolate Marshmallow Cookie
These one were my favorite to make. I got to use home made icing, a piping bag and a real icing tip. I felt like a real baker. They easily fell apart after a couple days though.
Cookie #2: Mocha Crinkles
These came out dry, but still pretty good.
Cookie #3: Cinnamon Swirl Cookies
These were a little difficult to prepare with the swirling, I was very happy with the way they turned out.. and they were one of the best tasting!
Cookie #4: Andes Mint Cookies
We had to attempt to make these twice. The first time Adam and I had a miscommunication and put in way to many ingredients. The second batch turned out great, but I think they needed more mint... like a whole Andes mint for each cookie instead of a half.
Cookie #5: Angelettis
These were surprisingly very easy to make. I thought they turned out cute, and I really like them because of the anise extract.
Cookie #6: Cut-Out Sugar Cookies
I dreaded making these. I was very unhappy when the recipe made like 50 or more cookies instead of the 24 I was expecting. They ended up being easier than I was expecting and it wasn't so bad.
Cookie #7: Peanut Butter Surprise
These were not fun to make. I did not like having to wrap the chocolate part around the peanut butter. I think they turned out pretty good though.
Cookie #8: Hot Chocolate Cookies
I love hot chocolate and I love these cookies. One problem I came across was too many chocolate chips. The recipe picture has now chocolate chips sticking out but were everywhere. They were more like a Hot Chocolate Chip Cookie.
Cookie #9: Pretzel Hugs
These were super easy and really tasty right out of the oven. They got a bit stale over time though.
So there you have it. We made nine types of cookies. Adam didn't help make the cookies as much as I thought he would, but he was the best taste-tester and recipe reader I could have asked for.

No comments:

Post a Comment