Sunday, February 24, 2013

Date 76 - There Is Music In Everything.

Date: Saturday, February 16, 2013
Type: Out On The Town
Cost: $
Planned By: My Mom

As I said in the last post, my mom got each of us tickets for Christmas. Adam and I received tickets to see Stomp! I've never seen them live, but I always thought the way they made music was fascinating so I was excited to get these tickets. My mom also gave us $50 for dinner for the night of our tickets.

Because it was Valentine's weekend and my Birthday weekend we chose try somewhere new downtown. We decided on John Q's Steakhouse in Public Square. As soon as we got there it started snowing like crazy. We enjoyed our meals. I got a steak salad and Adam got the open faced steak sandwich. Both dishes were delicious! 
We got lucky and it stopped snowing for our walk back to the apartment. Unluckily, it started snowing again and the show was in Akron. So we braved the storm and left early. We got to E.J. Thomas Hall in the University of Akron just in time because we got on of the last parking spots! It was also a great parking spot right by the exit. We got a little lost finding the way to our seats because the hall was pretty big and the usher at the main door confused me. Our seats were a bit far back but we still had a great view of the stage!
The show was amazing. I sincerely loved the entire performance! The music they made was fabulous, they were all great dancers, and it was very funny. I didn't know Stomp performances were supposed to be funny, but I was a laughing a lot. It was a very well rounded performance, and I loved some of their props. My favorite parts included them swinging on the fence using old signs as their drums, the basketball number, and when they each had a huge inner tube to use. There really is music in everything and these performers were extremely talented! 

We really enjoyed this show, and I would more than likely go again. Although I'm just not sure what else they will do, but their creative so I'm sure they will come up with something.

The drive home was horrible. The weather turned to a bit of a blizzard with white outs and slippery snow covered highways. Luckily, it was late and there weren't many other cars on the road, but I was really panicky. There was a bunch of time added to our drive, but we made it home safely! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment