Saturday, February 16, 2013

Date 74 - Super Duper!

Date: Sunday, February 3, 2013
Type: At-Home, theme
Cost: $
Planned By: Dani

Super Bowl Sunday!!! Just a warning last year's our Super Bowl date from last year was way better. I have been very lazy about dates and pretty much everything this winter.. call it the winter blues.

First, we watched the Puppy Bowl.. because why wouldn't you? Its adorable. Obi really enjoyed the kitten half time show. I was super happy that Marta won MVP!!

We had a few fun food ideas for our little two person super bowl party. The first was super thin crust mini deep dish pizza. First, you cut about 4 circles out of a each tortilla shell. Place the circles in a muffin pan. Put a mixture of tomato sauce and cheese inside each circle and top with pepperoni. Then bake at 425 for about 13 minutes! It was super easy, and messy.. especially when I dropped one of the finished products on the floor. Oops.

Next, we had Super Pretzels! They are just the frozen soft pretzels you can find at any store. We also melted some cheese to go with them. Yum.. I love soft pretzels.

Last, we had Super Kid Ice Cream. You know what I'm talking about.. some places call it Superman.. others Super Kids.. maybe just Super Duper Awesome Tasting Ice Cream. Its the kind with the pretty colors swirled together. The three flavors were lemon, raspberry and vanilla. It was delicious! :)

While stuffing our faces with all this wonderful food we watched the Super Bowl. We were rooting for the 49ers. Here is my reasoning: my two favorite numbers are 4 and 9.. oh and we hate the Ravens for obvious reasons. Maybe next year the Browns will be in the Super Bowl!!! The only extra performance of the night I liked was Jennifer Hudson and Sandy Hook Elementary choir singing America the Beautiful. Alicia Keys took too long with the Star Spangled Banner, and Beyonce mostly danced.. although I did like seeing Destiny's Child back together I wish they would have sang another one of their hits rather than Beyonce's. The commercials were OK, but I didn't find myself laughing at many of them.. my favorite was the Clydesdale for sure.

Overall, cute easy laid back date. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment