Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Date 93 - Hakuna Matata!

Date: Friday, July 12, 2013
Type: Out On The Town
Cost: $
Planned By: Adam

Our last production with our season tickets was The Lion King. This was the one I was most excited for so it was definitely the best for last! The Lion King is my favorite Disney movie, and seeing it on stage was something I always wanted to do.

This was our first and only performance in the State Theater. We were still in the back, but could see everything. The only change was very little lightening before, after and during intermission in this area.

Circle of Life was amazing. It was so powerful! There were so many different animals on stage all choreographed magnificently . I was so impressed by the woman playing Rafiki, she played the part perfectly. The children playing young Simba and Nala were adorable! I couldn't believe how pretty all the animals were. I had imagined them like the horses in War Horse, but they ended up being less life like and more intricate and beautifully designed.

It was great seeing this show with a full house especially since a large portion of the audience were children. I even heard a little girl yell, "I don't like the hyenas!!" during the elephant graveyard scene. I thought that was cute and hilarious. All of the same jokes from the movie were included in the musical, and the crowd very much enjoyed each one.

I would definitely see this musical again because of its unique puppet animals, powerful music and impressive choreography... not to mention it is based on my favorite Disney movie! I just loved the entire experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment