Thursday, May 3, 2012

Date 37 - Poker Face.

Date: Saturday, April 28th, 2012
Type: At Home, Simple
Cost: $
Planned By: Dani

Not your averaged poker game. The stakes were high. We'd both played Texas Holdem before. We're both super competitive. We got our poker set, popcorn, and appletinis all set up at the dining room table. Then it was on.
Adam and I played Texas Holdem. We each had enough chips to equal 60. It wasn't worth 60 dollars though. 60 chips equaled 60 minutes. At the end of the game we'd get to choose what to do with our time. Or choose what the other person had to do. (For example; 10 minute massage, 10 minutes of cuddling, 15 minutes of cleaning.. whatever you want)
               
We played for about 45 minutes. Adam won a few rounds and I won a few. We both ended up getting some pretty good hands; straights, flushes, full houses. Going in to the last game I was winning by 6 chips. It was very exciting.. who is going to be the champion? I started out with a great hand so I bet a lot. I even bet a 10 minute chip and Adam called. When we showed our hands all hell broke loose.
                                                 
I had two three-of-a-kinds, which means I had a full house. Adam also had a full house. My three of a kind was larger than his, but his pair was higher than mine. Because we aren't professionals and hardly ever play we didn't know who won right away. I fought for my winnings, but Adam insisted we look it up online. The person with the larger three of a kind wins. By the time I finished looking it up Adam already stole his chips back. Jerk. We argued until he gave me his 10 minute chip.
            
Therefore, I kicked his butt. 73 to 47. We decided you could spend the time whenever you want and it didn't have to be that night. So I have spent 1 minute making Adam act like a dog, 1 minute making Adam do the robot dance, 5 minutes of cuddling, 20 minutes of getting to read, and a 10 minute massage. Adam has only spent one minute making me tell him how awesome he is. I'm not sure what he is planning to do with his other 46 minutes, but I hope it had nothing to do with cleaning the apartment!
                                               
This was a really fun and extremely easy date. It is also practically free! If you need a super cheap fun date, try this out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment