Thursday, October 23, 2014

Date 133 - I Will Never Leaf You.

Date: Sunday, October 19, 2014
Type: At-Home, Theme, Season
Cost: $
Planned By: Dani

It is 100% fall in Northeast Ohio. I can tell by looking in my own leaf covered back yard. As much as I love fall and the pretty colors.. owning a house in the fall means chores.

So to attempt to making cleaning our yard fun I planned a Leaf date. First, we raked and blowed all the leaves in to a large/curvy pile. I was stuck with the rake because Adam knows how to use the leaf blower better than me.

When we FINALLY had most of the leaves all together we tried to play in them. This would have been the fun part of the date if they hadn't been super wet and dirty. We threw leaves in the air, jumped a little and rolled around. It was still way better than raking and taking them out to the curb.
When we decided we did enough work for the day we went inside. For the next part of the date we made a leafy snack - Kale Chips. I had high hopes for these while making them and baking them. They smelled a lot like Party Pretzels. When they were done baking they let me down. Still smelling like our favorite snack we quickly grabbed some leaves and took a bite. They weren't horrible, but they weren't great. I probably won't ever make them again, but if you are a green loving person go ahead and try them. I would recommend making sure they are extra crunchy before eating though.
Overall, this date was kind of crappy. I am not a fan of cleaning up leaves, but the smell of fall outside was a nice plus. The Kale Chips left a lot to be desired. The good thing about this date was we spent time together and got a chore done - so all in all glad we did it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment